Thursday, August 9, 2007

Just a tip for you gals...

Learned something new today: it's really, really hard to put on your Spanx after just getting out of the pool.

P.S. Learned this little gem today after we had family over for a visit & it was decided that we should get out of the pool and head to a "Western Wear" store nearby. Cousin Isabel needed some boots for the upcoming trip to the Dude Ranch. Putting my cute little sundress on after the wet suit was nearly impossible!!!

6 comments:

Dena said...

Thanks for the tip - I need to invest in some spanx!

Anonymous said...

Good to know! Thanks for the info.

LeslieW. said...

Sooo funny. They are hard enough to get on anyway! Don't know how you did that! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone besides me has noticed this. This summer, I'm all about Spanx and cute little sundresses. I swim in the morning and then I get dressed and it's squirm and wiggle time. It's never easy to get into Spanx (they are girdles after all) but the pool water seems to do something to your skin that makes it hard to get anything tight on. I'll keep doing it anyway because the dresses look so much nicer with Spanx, but you're absolutely right.

Lindsay said...

You are so funny! Spanx sound really uncofortable but I hear they work miracles!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, They work wonders for me. I love them. While many women, like my sister, find them too uncomfortable to wear all day, I don't. I think of them as tight, but not uncomfortable. And to be so firm and smooth makes me feel mentally comfortable in dresses. That's important too. I'm less selfconscious and more sure of myself. That's worth the small sacrifice of complete comfort.